Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Little More MGM


As I mentioned before, I don't have many items relating to the MGM film in my collection. I do have a very nice autographed photo of Judy Garland from approximately the right time period, as well as an advertising card for the movie. Judging by the hole at the top, this appears to have been used over a door handle. This card also advertised two other films on the back, In Name Only with Carole Lombard and Cary Grant, and The Angels Wash Their Faces with Ann Sheridan and Ronald Reagan! I also have a fairly moth eaten set of 45's with the score of the film.


I've always been a fan of the movie - a lot of Oz fans seem to have a bit of a love/hate reaction to it. Personally, I think it's a lot of fun, and far better than what might have happened if some of the earlier plans/scripts had been followed. Also, like it or not, the movie is what has kept Oz as well known as it is today.

No comments: